Choosing the best computer monitors for work is essential for completing a project successfully. No matter how skilled you are, selecting such a device always requires appropriate knowledge and research. Given the current situation, there is an increased demand for home office setups and accessories. One of the fundamental gadgets of such a setup is the basic monitor for home office.
A tiny laptop screen isn’t enough to help you complete your official works. That is why consider the shape, size, and other intrinsic features of these monitors before investing in them. Not only that, choose the brand quite wisely. Make sure to look for the ones that offer you excellent after-sales services. It is essential as these gadgets require appropriate professional services from time to time.
The following article highlights the evident and vital positive aspects of the top seven best computer monitors for the market’s work. You get to know the prices along with their product features from this detailed review for reference. Remember to choose the products which can satisfy your office work requirements perfectly.
1. Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 Inches Full HD – Acer Ultra-Thin Monitor
The first product is the Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Monitor (HDMI & VGA port). With a rating of 4.6 stars, this one is one of the best-selling monitors listed in the marketplace.
Aesthetically, the display comes with a ZeroFrame design. With a 0.24” thick display and a super narrow bezel, the monitor looks modern and stylish. And the availability of the advanced features makes it the best basic monitor for home office.
- 21.5 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- And Radeon free sync technology. No compatibility for VESA Mount
- Refresh rate: 75 hertz - Using HDMI port
- 21.5” FHD (1920 x 1080 resolutions) widescreen IPS display
- 16.7 million colors at 250 nits
- Refresh rate of 75Hz while using the HDMI port for connectivity
- AMD Radeon FreeSync technology and rapid 4ms response time
- 0.24” thick display with ZeroFrame design
The display is 21.5” Full HD (1920 x 1080 resolutions) with widescreen IPS technology. The advanced crystal formula makes for superior color performance, up to 178 degrees. The display can be tilted between -5° and +15°. At the 16:9 aspect ratio, the display supports 16.7 million colors equivalent to a 100% sRGB color palette. At full brightness, the display produces 250 units of luminance.
The display is synchronized with the graphics card of the computer by AMD Radeon FreeSync technology, thus resulting in stutter-free images. The display screen of the monitor has a refresh rate of 75Hz, making it easier on the eyes of the user.
Apart from that, the monitor features a Kensington lock slot, a VGA, and an HDMI slot. However, one downside is the absence of VESA mounts, which means the monitor cannot be wall-mounted.
2. HP VH240a Monitor 23.8-inch Full HD – HP LED Monitor
The next item on our list today is HP VH240a 23.8-inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor with Built-in Speakers and VESA Mounting, Rotating Portrait & Landscape, Tilt, and HDMI & VGA Ports. The monitor is rated 4.6 on the marketplace and still is one of the best selling computer monitors launched in the market in July 2017.
The monitor features a 23.8” full HD display (1920 x 1080 resolutions) with a 60Hz refresh rate. The LED-backlit panel has 2 million pixels and supports 16.7 million colors. Additionally, the IPS technology makes for wide viewing angles without compromising the color quality of the images on-screen.
- Resolution & Panel — 23.8-inch full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p @ 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and...
- Response Time — 5ms with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion...
- Built-In Speakers — Integrated audio speakers provide great sound for your content (2 watts per...
- 23.8” FHD (1920 x 1080 resolutions) IPS LED-backlit display
- 72% sRGB coverage at 16:9 aspect ratio and 10M:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 5ms response time making images crisp and clear without motion blur
- Built-in speakers of 2W each
- Thin bezel-less frame, VESA compatible wall- and bracket-mounts
- 4-way ergonomic viewing – 90° rotation for horizontal and vertical viewing modes and adjustable height and tilt (-5° to 30°)
The anti-glare matte filter on display makes it ideal to be used even in brightly lit interiors. Moreover, the fast response time of 5ms makes the images on the screen crisp and clear and devoid of motion blurs. Apart from the fantastic display, the monitor also features integrated audio speakers of 2W each, providing basic audio applications without the need to buy and install external speakers.
Speaking of the design, the monitor has a thin and almost frameless design. The bezels are thin, which makes the monitor look modern and elegant. The monitor is mounted on a stand and can be adjusted for 4-way ergonomic viewing – 90° rotation for both the horizontal and vertical viewing modes.
It comes with adjustable height and tilt (-5° to 30°). Fitted with VESA compatible mounts, the monitor can be mounted on walls or brackets. The monitor supports both VGA and HDMI input. These advanced features make this device one of the best computer monitors for work available in the market.
3. BenQ 24 Inch IPS Monitor – BenQ 24 Inch Monitor
BenQ 24 Inch IPS Monitor GW2480 is the next product on this list. Although not a popular buy, it is rated at 4.6 in the marketplace, and let’s check out why the product is one of the better ones.
The monitor is elegantly designed for home and office use with edge-to-edge slim bezel design for seamless multi-panel configuration. It also comes with an integrated cable management system that neatly conceals the cables inside the monitor stand. Apart from the aesthetics, it features in-built speakers for basic multimedia applications and an HDMI 1.4 input port.
- 24 inch full HD 1080P IPS panel: 23. 8” full HD IPS widescreen with 1920x1080 resolution, 250 nits...
- Wide viewing angle: 178° wide viewing angle for clarity from any viewing angle
- Edge to edge slim bezel design: Ultra-slim bezel for virtually seamless multi-panel configurations...
- 23. 8″ Full HD IPS widescreen (1920 x 1080 pixels) at 250 nits luminance and 60Hz refresh rate
- 178° wide viewing angle without compromising color quality
- Built-in speakers for basic multimedia applications
- Patented eye care technology with brightness adaptive technology and flicker-free performance thus enabling longer sessions
- Integrated cable management system and VESA compliant wall mounts
- An edge-to-edge slim bezel design ideal for multi-panel configuration, VGA and HDMI input
The IPS technology enables for wide-angle viewing without compromising on the quality of colors. The display delivers authentic colors, deeper blacks, higher contrast, and sharper details. The monitor also features patented Brightness Intelligence adaptive technology and flicker-free performance, thus adjusting the brightness of the output according to lighting.
The monitor sports a 23.8” full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS widescreen panel with 250 units of brightness. The monitor also features 100 x 100 millimeter VESA mounts for wall mounts.
4. Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch IPS Widescreen Monitor – Acer IPS Monitor
Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch IPS HDMI DVI VGA (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Monitor is the basic monitor for home office. Launched in 2015 and rated 4.5 in the marketplace, this product is still a popular buy.
The display is a 23.8″ LCD panel with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels). Response time of 4ms and a gamut of 16.7 million colors produces sharp and vibrant images with no motion-blurs. The IPS technology enables wide-angle viewing of 178°, and a luminance of 250 nits ensures a bright display.
- 23.8" Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response time: 4ms, refresh rate: 60 hertz, pixel pitch: 0.2745 millimeter. 178 degree wide viewing...
- The zero frame design provides maximum visibility of the screen from edge to edge
- 23. 8″ Full HD IPS widescreen (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- The refresh rate of the device is 60 Hz and response time of 4ms
- 178° viewing angle providing a wide-angle view of 16.7 million colors at 250 nits
- 1 x DVI (with HDCP), 1 x HDMI & 1 x VGA input ports ensure input even from a tablet or a smartphone
- -5° to +15° ergonomic tilt and flicker-less technology and blue light filter for extended viewing sessions
- Zero frames design making it ideal for multi-panel installations
The display panel also features a Flicker-less technology proprietary to Acer and a blue light filter to reduce the painful strain on the eyes, enabling longer active sessions. Aesthetically, the monitor comes with a Zero Frame Design giving it an elegant look while at the same time, making it ideal for multi-panel installations. The ergonomic tilt from -5° to 15° lets the user choose the best sightline and enjoy the best view.
The monitor comes with VGA, DVI (w/HDCP) & HDMI (v1.4) Ports to enable input even from smartphones or tablets and enjoy it on an FHD screen. However, it does not feature a VESA compliant mounting system and cannot be mounted on a wall or bars.
5. Dell Computer Ultrasharp U2415 LED Monitor – Best Dell 24 Inch Monitor
The next product is none other than Dell Ultrasharp U2415 24.0-Inch Screen LED Monitor, Black. This Dell product is one of the most popular products in the market that comes with 99% of sRGB and has a mean dE of <3.
The equipment has a taller aspect ratio than the other products available in the market. The value if 16:10, which offers you more vertical viewing space for the users working with documents, spreadsheets, and web pages. But the video content might result in black bars on top and bottom, which might undermine the super-thin bezels.
- 24-inch WUXGA Monitor (1920x1200) at 60Hz, 16:10 Aspect Ratio. Compliant Standards-Plug and Play,...
- 1000:1 Contrast Ratio, 16.78 Million Colors, 6ms Response Time. Enhanced power management with...
- Viewing Angle: 178/178, Widescreen Anti-Glare Display, Security Lock Slot; Horizontal Refresh Rate:...
- Aspect Ratio is 16:10
- Response time is 6ms
- Presence of enhanced power management with PowerNap helps the Dell Display Manager to adjust the monitor colors and brightness appropriately when not in use
- Widescreen anti-glare display and presence of security lock slot
- The horizontal refresh rate of the equipment is 30 – 83 kHz
Among all other attributes, consider the fact that the display size of the product is 24.1 inches. The panel comes with a thin plastic shell with thin sides and the top bezels. The capacitive navigation button overpowers the fact that the bottom one is relatively larger than the rest.
But these aren’t the aspects why this device is considered to be the Best Monitors For Developers. That is because it is available with three-axis rotation along with 115mm height adjustments. The presence of the standpoint offers height adjustments, and the pivot helps to move the device seamlessly without complications.
And, if the desk lacks any such adjustment features, you can modify the screen presence as per your choices. The presence of the swivel mechanism enables the user to change the angle capabilities as and when required.
6. Asus VS228H-P 21.5″ Full HD Monitor – Best Asus Monitor
Asus is a reputed company that is widely popular for its electronic gadgets. Among the other ones in the market, Asus VS228H-P 21.5″ Full HD 1920×1080 HDMI DVI VGA LCD Monitor with Back-lit LED, Black happens to be the ideal companion for the ones resorting to making a home office.
It is a VS228H-P Full HD LED monitor available with an HDMI interface, thereby offering you the finest color and image quality. Such an approach is extended to the presence of the sturdy stand and the slim build, which doesn’t compromise with the style and the durability of the product. The presence of the Full HD 1080p support, the product delivers magnificent image quality.
- Slim Design 21.5 inch Full HD Wide Screen LED display and Quick 5 ms response time delivering smooth...
- Aspect Control function allows users to select a preferred display mode among full and 4:3 for true...
- Smart View Technology can adjust color parameters to deliver the same image quality and colors with...
- Presence of aspect control function allows the users to select preferred display mode
- Smart View Technology present
- ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio is 50,000,000:1
- Mounting Type: VESA Compatibility; Mountable 100 x 100mm
The availability of the Splendid Video Intelligence Technology enhances the brightness, color, contrast, and the sharpness of the displayed images. The equipment comes with six preset video modes that are accessible via the onboard monitor menu. To accentuate your room’s look, the company offers you a slim and clean build, which makes it an ideal addition to your workplace.
7. Dell 27 LED-backlit LCD Monitor SE2719H IPS – Dell 27 Inch Monitor
Lastly, it is time to review the famous Dell 27 LED-backlit LCD Monitor SE2719H IPS Full HD 1080p 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz HDMI VGA, Black. Another brilliant product from the reputed brand Dell is an aspect ratio of 16:9 with a contrast ratio of 1000:1.
The product is best 27 inches monitor under 200 that offers you 8ms response time. The product is ideal for viewing from wider angles, no matter where you decide to sit on your couch. The colors and the resolution remain accurate and consistent across the broad spectrum of 178°/178° viewing angle.
- Device Type - LED-backlit LCD monitor - 27", Aspect Ratio -16:9, Contrast Ratio - 1000:1
- Panel Type - IPS, Full HD (1080p) 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz, Response Time - 8 ms (grey-to-grey normal);...
- Input Connectors - HDMI, VGA
- Panel Type – IPS, Full HD (1080p) 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
- Doesn’t have any VESA Mount
- Input Connectors – HDMI, VGA
- Presence of Dell’s ComfortView feature to minimize the harmful blue effects on your eyes
The presence of the thin bezels offers you a sleek and modern look that can complement any space. The Dell SE2719H Monitor stand is extremely robust and helps you save space without compromising the same sturdiness. And to get the better view, tilt at any angle as per your choices.
An In-Depth Guide about Buying the Best Computer Monitors for Work
Do you feel a little confused about choosing the best computer screen for your work from home scenes during this lockdown period? Here is a detaile guide about the features to consider about these gadgets for you:
- Connection Type
What kind of monitor you will choose will mostly depend on its connectivity features. You need to choose the one which would be appropriate for your PC. If the monitor fails to be compatible with your computer, you can’t set up the gadget for work purposes. Also, make sure to check the computer’s output to know more about the availability of different connectivity ports.
The monitor’s size is another vital point to consider while selecting the right monitor for work purposes. You need a larger screen for graphic related work while a medium size is appropriate for working on writing projects. The bigger ones are somewhat a little pricier than, the smaller ones. But the features are worth the investment.
- Aspect ratio
The aspect ratio is the ratio of the screen panel width with the height of the same. With the older models, you would get a 4:3 ratio, which is now available at 16:9 as well. Among the rest, the latter finds more preference as it is ideal for graphic projects and multitasking. However, the prices of the ultra-wide monitors are quite expensive.
- Great Resolution
The screen resolution is another aspect to consider while picking the right monitor for your workstation. An excellent resolution can make the images relatively sharper and defined on the screen. The standard for modern monitors is 1920×1080 pixels, which offer you over two million individual pixels.
So, the real dilemma kicks in when you need to shortlist one product out of these seven ones reviewed above. The approach is simple and relatively straightforward. All you have to do is make a list of your potential requirements and go through the reviews accordingly. The ones that suit your basic requirements and the price quote are the ideal choice for you.
In case you need a budget-friendly option to start with, check out the review of the BenQ 24 Inch IPS Monitor | 1080P | Proprietary Eye-Care Tech | Ultra-Slim Bezel | Adaptive Brightness for Image Quality | Speakers | GW2480. It is affordable and offers you excellent fundamental features.
However, the one that is an ideal choice for every professional in the market would be the HP VH240a 23.8-inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor with Built-in Speakers and VESA Mounting, Rotating Portrait & Landscape, Tilt, and HDMI & VGA Ports (1KL30AA) – Black. You get excellent resolution, a virtually frameless ultra-widescreen monitor, and outstanding technical features with this one. But have you made your list of best computer monitors for work?
You may explore Top 7 Best Monitor for Video Conferencing in 2020