With so many options out there, choosing the best laptop for Photoshop under $500 is not that simple. Being one of the best photo editing software platforms, it is also a bit demanding. So to avail the best experience while using Photoshop, you should buy a laptop which can handle intensive tasks.
As a Photoshop user, it is expected that you would be spending quite a time with your laptop. Hence, it is needless to say that the computer you are buying should have a suitable keyboard and trackpad. On the other hand, if you commute or travel with your laptop, it should be lightweight.
Moreover, the laptop should have a rich display so that the color reproduction is sound while editing with Photoshop. Besides, the computer should also possess a powerful processor that can perform seamlessly. The presence of SSD would be an added advantage as your device can operate without lags.
Top 7 Best Laptop For Photoshop Under $500 In 2021
1. ASUS VivoBook F512JA-AS34
The ASUS VivoBook F512JA-AS34 strikes a perfect balance between its large display and all-round performance. It is indeed the best laptop for Photoshop under $500 as it has the 10th generation Intel Core i5 processor.
- Rock-solid build quality ensures the durability of the device
- Modern and aesthetic design
- A decent number of connectivity options
- Average battery life
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor is quite responsive
- SSD storage makes this laptop fast when compared to other devices
- 8GB RAM is sufficient to handle graphics-intensive tasks
- The presence of a backlit keyboard is an added advantage
There is no denying that the ASUS VivoBook F512JA-AS34 is the best budget laptop you will ever find. The trend among laptops nowadays has been moving towards the notion of less is more? In other words, laptops are becoming ultra-portable and thinner.
Apart from an intuitive design, the ASUS VivoBook F512JA-AS34 also has a big screen. As we all know, working with Photoshop becomes more comfortable when you have access to a big screen. The reliable 10th Gen processor performance is another highlighting aspect of this device.
As customary with all the VivoBook series, this device is available in exciting color combinations. Moreover, it also features the standard ErgoLift hinge, which raises the keyboard for a comfortable typing experience.
What’s more, the ASUS VivoBook F512JA-AS34 has a decent number of ports, making connectivity a breeze. What’s more impressive about this device is its performance. For a laptop under $500, the ASUS VivoBook F512JA-AS34 has decent performance metrics.
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
The 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor is a new chip that offers robust performance. With 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD storage, the ASUS VivoBook F512JA-AS34 is the best laptop for Photoshop. For graphics, you have the Intel UHD graphics, which makes working with vector graphics software simple.
2. Acer Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L
The Acer Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L is a worthwhile contender for the best laptop for Photoshop under $500. Well, it may not have a fast GPU or powerful core i5 CPU, but it still manages to deliver decent performance.
- It comes with a big screen, which is a practical choice for graphic designers
- An efficient processor can handle intensive tasks
- Ample number of ports
- Good build quality
- 128 GB SSD makes this laptop incredibly responsive
- Large and FHD display makes graphic designing intuitive
- Integrated GPU would allow you to run various types of vector graphics software platforms
- Looks premium with the brushed aluminum finish
If you are a budget buyer and want a Photoshop laptop under $500, this device is a good option. A combination of FHD display and light travel weight implies that this device is ideal for modern-day professionals.
It is a commonly observed fact that when shopping with a low budget, you have to compromise on various aspects. However, the Acer Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L can well be the cynosure of your eyes. With a brushed silver aluminum exterior, the device is quite attractive to look at.
Apart from being light, the laptop is also thin, which means that you can carry it around in your backpack. The Acer Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L comes with an FHD IPS display. There are no issues whatsoever with the screen quality.
Operating Photoshop, even in the highest settings, would not distort the onscreen images. The Acer Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L comes equipped with an AMD Ryzen 3-3200 dual-core processor. This model has 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD along with AMD Vega graphics.
As configured, the Acer Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L is well-adept in executing graphics-intensive tasks without any lags. But 4GB RAM can be an issue with severe graphic designers. However, you can update the RAM to 8GB if you face any lagging issues.
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile...
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
One of the critical highlights of AMD Ryzen 3-3200 dual-core processor is that it is battery efficient. So you can easily squeeze out enough battery backup on a single charge.
3. HP 14in High-Performance Laptop
Well, not all budget laptops are complete nightmares. If you are able to find the right one, you can seamlessly run Photoshop and other vector graphics software. The same is the case with the HP 14in High-Performance Laptop.
- Ultra-portable laptop for modern-day professionals
- The vivid display makes it quite ideal for running Photoshop
- You can upgrade RAM as per your preference
- A responsive processor which makes running Photoshop easier
- Backlit keyboard with stylish fonts makes operating this device intuitive
- The presence of SSD makes this device faster and responsive
- Battery life is average
- The device doesn’t heat up even after extensive use
Being the best laptop for Photoshop under $500 makes the everyday tasks of graphic designers easy. In the display department, this device comes equipped with a 14-inch screen. The HD SVA bright view display is exceptionally beneficial for pursuing Photoshop assignments.
It is relatively light and thin at the same time, which would allow you to carry it in your backpack. The HP 14in High-Performance Laptop performs decently with the AMD Ryzen 3 3200U processor. As well all know, this processor is power efficient and hence doesn’t consume much battery.
The HP 14in High-Performance Laptop has AMD Vega 3 graphics, which makes working with Photoshop interactive. You get only 4GB RAM onboard, which may be a bit tight if you are operating various programs all at once.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U 2.6GHz up to 3.5GHz
- Display: 14.0-inch diagonal HD SVA Bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit (1366 x 768) , Graphics: AMD...
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB) , Internal storage: 128 GB M.2 Solid State Drive
But you always have the option to expand the RAM as per your convenience. Another key highlight of the HP 14in High-Performance Laptop is its SSD storage. The presence of SSD makes the laptop pretty fast and responsive.
4. HP 14-DK000
The HP 14-DK000 is undoubtedly the best laptop for Photoshop under $500. The lightweight profile with silver and grey-colored plastic can handle multitasking pretty well. Under the hood, the HP 14-DK000 comes equipped with the essential AMD A9 series A9-9425 processor.
- Quite portable in nature
- The backlit keyboard is an added advantage
- Power-efficient processor
- Integrated GPU works great
- It comes with a TN type display panel
- The presence of SSD makes this device fast
- The touchpad has separate physical click buttons
- Ample number of ports
In other words, this processor would provide you with a buttery smooth performance for HD-quality computing. On the other hand, the Radeon R5 integrated graphics will assist in running graphic-intensive tasks. Well, the HP 14-DK000 has narrow viewing angles, and you cannot do much about it.
One of its most vital points is the processor, which can handle intensive tasks easily. What’s more, the inclusion of the solid-state drive instead of traditional spinning HDD is another key highlight. The actual RAM size is 4GB, which may be sufficient if you stick to essential Photoshop assignments.
However, if you want to run Illustrator and InDesign simultaneously, you must upgrade to 8GB RAM. Though it has narrow viewing angles, the HP 14-DK000 has FHD screen resolution. In simple words, you would have a great time to unleash your creative side with this laptop.
The keyboard of this laptop is surprisingly intuitive and pleasant to type on. Quite impressively, the keyboard has backlit support, which is surprising for a budget laptop. The touchpad is also responsive and works great with Windows precision drivers installed.
- Windows 10 operating system. Windows 10 brings back the start menu from Windows 7 and introduces new...
- Powered by the latest 7th Generation AMD A9-9425 Processor (Dual-Core, 3.1 GHz up to 3.7 GHz)...
- 14" Display bright View glossy screen maintains the vivid colors in your photos and videos. Typical...
The HP 14-DK000 offers you with plenty of connectivity options, which are a significant advantage for designers. The HP 14-DK000 is power efficient as the AMD A9 series is famous for less harsh on your device’s battery. On a single charge, the HP 14-DK000 can last five hours, which is average.
5. HP 6BW41UA-cr
Being the best laptop for Photoshop under $500, the HP 6BW41UA-cr has decent specs. Note that if you buy this device to play modern games, you would be pretty much disappointed. However, if you want to use it for Photoshop or Illustrator, the HP 6BW41UA-cr is quite good.
- The 14-inch display is WLED and backlit
- Lightweight and portable
- Range of connectivity options
- It comes with the original Windows 10 Home in S mode
- Presence of SSD results in fast booting speed
- Powerful processor can handle intensive tasks
- Decent battery life is a plus
- Power-efficient processor
Being a midrange laptop, it has a powerful processor to handle graphics design software platforms. What’s more, you can also pursue movie watching, document editing, video editing, etc., with this laptop.
Under its hood, the HP 6BW41UA-cr has Ryzen 3 3200U processor, which delivers a decent speed. The 12nm Zen-plus processor is quite a power efficient like other Ryzen series. In other words, the HP 6BW41UA-cr is power efficient, which makes it stand out from its competitors.
However, the presence of 4GB RAM can be a downside if you want to run too many graphic design software platforms. The good thing is you can upgrade the existing package to 8GB. HP equips this model with a plethora of connectivity ports, allowing you to connect a range of devices.
- Display: 14.0-inch diagonal HD SVA Bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit (1366 x 768), Graphics: AMD...
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB), Internal storage: 128 GB M.2 Solid State Drive
- Camera: HP True Vision HD Camera with integrated digital microphone, Product weight: 3.25 lb
On the other hand, the device has AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics, which can handle pretty much everything. Photoshop and Illustrator can be harsh on the GPU. The AMD Radeon Vega 3 GPU is quite capable of handling a wide range of tasks.
You may explore Top 7 Best 17 Inch Laptops Under 1000 In 2021
6. Lenovo Flex 81X20005US
The Lenovo Flex 81X20005US is the best laptop for Photoshop under $500. To be precise, the Lenovo Flex 81X20005US is a two-in-one device which has the right form factor for graphic designers. It comprises a de-cluttered look owing to the presence of narrow bezels.
- The excellent battery life of nine hours
- The battery supports quick charge with a 65W adapter
- Ergonomic and modern design
- Lightweight and portable
- Ample number of connectivity ports
- The six-core AMD processor is one of the key highlights of this device
- The two-in-one design is durable and sturdy
- Powerful enough to handle intensive tasks
It has a 360-degree rotating hinge with which you can use the device in the tablet mode. The presence of durable build materials makes this device a pleasure to work with. Overall, the Lenovo Flex 81X20005US has a sturdy look, which, coupled with a sturdy body, offers excellent portability.
In terms of the hardware, the Lenovo Flex 81X20005US excels equally well. Being powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor with 16GB RAM, this device promises you with excellent performance metrics. Quite interestingly, you cannot upgrade the RAM in the Lenovo Flex 81X20005US.
But with 16GB RAM, you would hardly feel the need to upgrade it. The Lenovo Flex 81X20005US comes with an FHD screen resolution, which assists significantly with graphic designing tasks. The 10-point touchscreen present on the device is another great way to showcase your creativity.
- Thin, light, and stylish – This 2-in-1 laptop weighs just 3.64 pounds and is only 0.82" thick....
- The 10-point, 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen allows the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 laptop...
- The 360⁰ hinge lets you use your 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop in whatever mode works best for you;...
In terms of storage, the Lenovo Flex 81X20005US comes with a 256GB SSD, which provides decent transfer speeds. Quite impressively, the Lenovo Flex 81X20005US has a great UI, which augurs well for designers. The OS loads quickly, and there are no lags whatsoever in this device.
7. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is the best laptop for Photoshop under $500 for many reasons. No doubt, Microsoft has provided us more choices than ever with its Surface series. There is no denying the fact that the craftsmanship of the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is top-notch.
- Lightweight and durable at the same time
- Microsoft’s flagship laptop comes with premium hardware
- Ample number of connectivity options
- 128 GB SSD provides you with lag-free experience
- 10th Gen Intel Processors is a highlighting aspect
- The presence of a USB-C port simplifies things for modern-day users
- Windows Hello makes signing in a lot easier
- 8GB RAM and Intel Iris Plus GPU are great for designers
The aluminum lid is stylish and smooth, and opening with one hand is not an issue. The screen of the laptop is bright, crisp and gorgeous, which can be impressive at first glance. As customary with all Windows laptops, the touchpad is smooth and accurate.
On the other hand, the keyboard is quite significant. The keys are decently placed, which makes typing a pleasure. You may have issues with the display size, as it is only 13.5 inches. However, the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 has an FHD screen resolution, which makes designing a delightful experience.
Undoubtedly, Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is the top performer in the premium laptop market. Another huge advantage of the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is its touchscreen display. Being able to reach out to the screen and tweaking changes is an excellent convenience for designers.
- Clean, elegant design — Thin and light, starting at just 2.79 pounds, Surface Laptop 3 is easy to...
- Choose from rich tone-on-tone color combinations: New Sandstone, plus Matte Black, Cobalt Blue, and...
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest processors – Surface Laptop 3...
Under the hood, the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 has Intel’s latest 10th Gen quad-core processors. You get either Core i5 or i7 processors, which are the latest of the lot. These processors are well-adept in handling Lightroom, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Things To Consider While Buying Laptops for Photoshop
Here are some things you should consider while buying laptops for Photoshop.
The presence of SSD makes your device perform in a lag-free manner. It also results in fast loading times.
It is necessary to buy a Photoshop laptop, which comes with a powerful processor built-in. This would ensure the executing of graphic designing tasks without any issues.
You should buy a laptop with at least 4GB RAM. It is true that 4GB may not be sufficient if you run other image editing tools. But 4GB RAM is enough to handle Photoshop.
At least go for a display that comes with HD resolution. As you would be working with images, you need accurate color reproduction, which is possible only with a good presentation.
So you have a wide variety of choices when it comes to the best laptop for Photoshop under $500. If you want a budget all-rounder, opting for the ASUS VivoBook F512JA-AS34 would be the best option. On the other hand, if you are ready to spend more, opting for the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 would be an excellent choice. So bring home a powerful laptop and unleash your creative side with Photoshop.
You must explore 7 Best Laptop For Video Conferencing & Zoom Meetings In 2021