Selecting the best monitors for developers is one of the challenging tasks for programmers. These gadgets aren’t only essential for creative work but also for the wellbeing of the developers. That is because; the right monitor would help the programmers to work till late hours without any eye problems or irritations.
However, if you handle complicated programming projects, you need to invest in a superior-quality monitor with high-end specifications. The content given below tends to focus on the best features of the seven best monitors for developers available in the market. These are affordable, great for your workspace, and offers excellent superb image quality.
7 Best Monitors For Developers in 2020
Dell S2419H S Series Monitor 24″ – Best Dell Monitor
The first product on this review list is the Dell S2419H S Series Monitor 24″ Black. It is highly loved by the users and manages to get around five stars on average. This 1080p monitor comes with a modern design and 23.8″ screen with Full-HD (1920×1080) resolution.
Equipped with ComfortView, the monitor filters out harmful blue light emissions, thereby making it comfortable for use for a wide variety of use cases – from extended hours of movie streaming to long work hours. The monitors are also equipped with dual 5W speakers tuned by Waves MaxxAudio, which offers clear, accurate sound output.
- Take your view to the edge: With Dell’s Infinity Edge display, you won’t miss a thing
- Made to fit in and stand out: Complement your desk with a modern and chic design; From the striking...
- Encompassing Cinema Sound: Hear more life like sound, more dynamic music and bigger cinematic...
- FHD 1080p resolution screen with a refresh rate of 60Hz
- Dell Infinity Edge borderless display with corner to the corner viewing experience
- >99% RGB color coverage provides a full range of vivid picture
- In-plane switching technology enables more expansive angle views
- Dual 5W Waves MaxxAudio for lifelike dynamic sound
Powered by Dell’s InfinityEdge display, the monitor is virtually borderless and offers the unique edge-to-edge viewing experience. The in-plane switching technology enables more comprehensive angle views, while an almost perfect RGB color coverage produces the full range of vivid colors. Such features make it one of the best monitors for developers available in the market.
ComfortView anti-flicker screen is ideal for providing comfort to your eyes. The monitor is fitted with dual HDMI connectivity port offering seamless switching between content without rearranging cords.
Additionally, it has one audio line out port for connecting to external sound devices such as a speaker. The availability of a built-in dual HDMI connectivity port offers seamless switching. Along with that, you get excellent customer care services from the brand.
2. HP VH240a 23.8-inch Monitor – HP Monitor with Built-in Speakers
HP VH240a 23.8-inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Black Monitor with Built-in Speakers is one of the best monitors available for the developers in the market. The HP model has been rated very highly by the customers and has an average rating of 5 stars. This model features a 23.8-inch FHD screen (1920 x 1080p @ 60 Hz) with aspect ratio of 16:9.
The IPS monitor with 2 million pixels supporting 16.7 million colors has impressive viewing angles at 178 degrees, ultra-slim design, and bright picture quality. The programming monitor has a response time of 5ms with overdrive resulting in crisp pictures without motion blur.
- Resolution & Panel — 23.8-inch full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p @ 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and...
- Response Time — 5ms with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion...
- Built-In Speakers — Integrated audio speakers provide great sound for your content (2 watts per...
- 23.8-inch full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p @ 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare matte IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels, 16.7 million colors)
- Built-In Speakers 2 watts per channel
- Thin Bezel-Less Frame
- Adjustable workspace for ergonomic viewing
- Presence of VESA mounting pattern
- VGA and HDMI with HDCP support for laptop or multi-monitor
The HP VH240a monitor’s design is ergonomic and can be rotated by 90º for landscape and portrait viewing modes and adjustable height and tilt (-5° to 30°) for the best quality pictures at any angle. The monitor also includes a VESA mounting pattern, allowing the display to be mounted on walls or brackets. The thin-bezel less frame ultra-widescreen can be doubled at corporate workstations with a multi-monitor setup.
The monitor comes with VGA and HDMI with HDCP support for laptop or multi-monitor setups and includes AC power cord, VGA cable, and installation CD. The monitor includes integrated audio speakers of 2 watts per channel, providing great sound output.
3. Philips 278E1A 27″ frameless monitor – Philips 4K Monitor
Philips 278E1A 27″ frameless monitor is one of the best monitors for developers available in the market. The 27-inch monitor from Philips E line features a stunning 4K UHD (3840 x 2160 resolution) display, which utilizes high-performance panels. Ideal for professionals, the display makes the graphic content come alive.
The monitor features the IPS technology, producing crisp colors and vivid images and offering a wide viewing angle of 178°. This feature makes it ideal for professionals who work on applications requiring color accuracy and consistent brightness. The monitor also features Philips’s proprietary SmartContrast technology, which adjusts colors and controls backlight intensity automatically.
- Philips E-Line 27" curved frameless LED monitor with 4K UHD 3840x2160 resolution
- 109% sRGB color gamut coverage and Philips SmartContrast with Mega Infinity Dynamic Contrast Ratio...
- Displays over 1 billion colors for smooth gradations and photo-realistic images
- UltraClear 4K UHD (3840×2160) resolution
- IPS LED for wide-angle viewing
- SmartContrast technology that automatically adjusts colors and backlight intensity
- NTSC 91%/SRGB 109% color gamut displaying 1.07 billion colors
- Flicker-free technology and Low Blue Mode for better eye health
- Cable management channel for a clutter-free workspace
The display features a color gamut of NTSC 91% and sRGB 109% to add to the gamut of high-performance features and produces over 1 billion colors. It is a useful feature for professionals with applications demanding color accuracy and spread.
The monitor also features flicker-free technology for less eye fatigue. It also features an additional Low Blue Mode, which essentially cuts down blue lights using smart software technology. Blue lights have shorter wavelengths and can affect vision, similar to ultra-violet light.
Aesthetically, the monitor has thin bezels and features a concealed cable management system and helps maintain a clutter-free workspace. The monitor can be mounted on the wall through the help of VESA compliant mounting holes. The devices with a dual HDMI port for universal digital connectivity.
4. ASUS ProArt Display PA278QV 27” Monitor – Best Asus Monitor
It is a 27-inchWQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS monitor that is available with frameless design. It is equipped with a ProArt display that delivers industry-standard 100% sRGB and 100% Rec. Enjoy the presence of 709 color gamut for rich, vivid reproduction that guarantees every detail of one’s photos is crystal clear and lifelike.
The device is available with factory calibrated, and Calman Verified for excellent color accuracy for those who rely on color-accurate displays. You get to work smarter with this advanced technology of this device, which is available with the ASUS QuickFit Virtual Scale.
- 27-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS monitor with frameless design
- International color standard 100% sRGB and 100% Rec. 709 wide color gamut
- Calman Verified with factory calibration for excellent Delta E < 2 color accuracy
- International color standard 100% sRGB and 100% Rec.
- 709 wide color gamut
- Presence of Calman Verified with factory calibration for brilliant Delta E < 2 color precision
- Presence of ASUS-exclusive ProArt Preset and ProArt Palette
- Product dimensions are 24.21 x 15.04 x 8.90 inches
- Item weight is 20.9 pounds
The presence of such a creative aspect overlays a grid on the monitor screen, which allows alignment and helps to preview documents in appropriate sizes before printing. Such features make this device one of the best monitors for developers.
The presence of ProArt Preset and ProArt Palette features offer several adjustable color parameters. Get ready to use the extensive connectivity for maximum flexibility. It includes DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, HDMI, dual-link DVI-D, earphone jack. The device also has the presence of four USB 3.0 ports for seamless connectivity.
The Asus 27” monitor device is equipped with ergonomic stand with tilt, pivot, swivel, and height adjustments for enhanced and comfortable viewing experience. It offers VESA wall-mountable features as well.
5. Samsung 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor – Best Samsung Monitor For Gaming
The next monitor in our list is Samsung 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA). With an excellent product rating of 4.4 stars, this monitor is one of the best for programmers. Featuring a 34-inch ultrawide display with WQHD (3440 x 1440 pixels) resolution and – Picture-by-Picture(PBP) and Picture-in-Picture(PIP) multitasking split-screen feature, this monitor is ideal for dual-monitor usage – a sporadic practice among professionals. Made of VA panels, the display offers a contrast ratio of 3000:1, one of the highest in the industry.
- 34-INCH ULTRAWIDE MONITOR with WQHD resolution (3440 x 1440p)
- PERFECT FOR DUAL MONITOR USAGE with powerful multitasking split screen features – PBP/PIP and easy...
- AMD FREESYNC synchronizes the refresh rate of your graphics card and widescreen monitor to reduce...
- 34-inch ultrawide monitor with WQHD resolution (3340 x 1440 pixels)
- Powerful multitasking split features – PBP/PIP
- Refresh rate synchronization with graphics card by AMD FreeSync
- Low Input Lag Mode
The refresh rate of the Samsung Ultrawide Monitor device is synchronized by AMD FreeSync with that of the graphics card to reduce image tear and stutter. It also features the Low Input Lag Mode, which minimizes the delay between mouse, keyboard, or joystick input and onscreen response for a seamlessly smooth gaming experience.
Aesthetically, the Samsung 34-Inch monitor features a slim panel with metallic bezels atop a Y-stand. The monitor can be wall-mounted by a VESA-compatible mount. The monitor features DP and HDMI ports, thereby offering multiple connectivity options.
6. HP Pavilion 27q 27-inch QHD 2k 1440p IPS LED Monitor – HP Pavilion Monitor 27
Then next one on the list is the HP Pavilion 27q 27-inch QHD 2k 1440p IPS LED Monitor with AMD FreeSync Support, 100% sRGB, and VESA Mounting Bracket (1HR73AA#ABA) – Silver. It is a 27 inches Quad HD monitor with AMD FreeSync support. It offers vivid 100% sRGB, along with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
The presence of the anti-glare panel with IPS LED-backlit feature helps you to enjoy the content even in bright rooms without much glare. You get to experience crisp, smooth, and fluid image quality with 5ms gray-to-gray response time.
- RESOLUTION & PANEL — 27-inch Quad HD monitor (2560 x 1440 @ 75 Hz) with AMD FreeSync support,...
- RESPONSE TIME — 5ms gray-to-gray with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid...
- ANTI-GLARE PANEL — IPS LED-backlit panel for enjoying content in bright rooms without glare
- 27-inch monitor with 2560 x 1440 @ 75 Hz and 3.7 million pixel
- Presence of anti-glare panel
- Narrow bezel display frame
- DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity
- Item weight is 10 pounds
The presence of the thin display frames offers the user to get an ultra-widescreen viewing experience. The availability of HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA cables also offers you seamless multi-monitor setups.
The programming device is compatible with both Mac OS& Windows for laptop connectivity. The presence of 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles with variable tilt provides a seamless viewing experience. Moreover, the device looks fantastic and elegant.
7. AOC C32V1Q 31.5″ Full HD 1920×1080 Monitor – AOC Curved Monitor
The AOC C32V1Q is a 32-inch large monitor which is the perfect product available in the market. The product promises to fulfill one’s dreams of immersing entertainment without compromising your work on your desktop.
- 31.5" Curved Widescreen monitor with full HD 1920x 1080 resolution
- 1800R curvature for a more immersive field of view
- VA panel for wide-viewing angles and Color uniformity
- 31.5″ Curved Widescreen monitor
- Full HD 1920x 1080 resolution
- 1800R curvature for the immersive field of view
- VA panel for wide-viewing angles
- Ntsc 87% (Cie1976)/ sRGB 102% (Cie1931) color gamut coverage
The device comes with narrow bezels and three-sided frameless borders providing you an enhanced sleek and elegant appearance. The presence of VGA, HDMI, and DisplayPort provides seamless connectivity options. It comes with Flickerfree, which gives jitter-free and smooth viewing comfort.
This 31.5-inch viewable display comes with a 1800R curvature, which can wrap the vivid colors around the entire field. The product offers you the best platform by putting you in the middle of the action.
How to Select the Best Monitors For Developers
Your requirements precisely decide what type of monitor you need for your computing projects. You need to go through the different varieties available in the market to know the features and the prices to shortlist the appropriate products for you. Here is an in-depth guide for choosing the best monitors for developers:
- Physical Size & Resolution
The physical size of the monitor is one of the determining factors for every developer. There is a difference between how much content can fit into the monitor and the same physical size. In general, it is the resolution that determines how much can fit on the screen. The most common resolutions available in the market include 1080p, 1440p, and 4K.
Physical size cannot ever determine how much content you can fit on your screen. It resembles the size of the monitor for better viewing. However, if the fitting is the main criteria for you, you need to gather more data on the product’s resolution.
Along with this aspect, make sure to include the fact that as the resolution increases, the things tend to become more concise in size, which ultimately decreases the physical size.
- Retina Resolution Caveats
Many leading manufacturers tend to advertise huge resolutions to attract potential customers in the market. But unfortunately, the reality is pretty different from the promised advertisement.
If you want to enjoy seamless graphics without hurting your eyes, you need to consider a retina enabled display. Not only does it look nicer, but it also helps the professional developers to use their Photoshop graphics appropriately on the screen.
PPI or pixels per inch is another property to consider while selecting the appropriate monitor for the developers. You can calculate the PPI value using the calculator or refer to a professional as well.
Generally, a higher PPI value means higher pixel density. That, in turn, refers to the presence of more detail for any content that seems to be displayed on the screen. That means you get to enjoy the graphics and the content with better fonts and smoother fine lines without any complicacy.
- Picture Quality & Color Accuracy
Picture quality is a real factor to consider when you want to select the best monitors for developers. Both color accuracy and picture quality are essential for the developers to select their programming partners appropriately.
You need to choose the ones which offer you the best refresh rates and response times. In the case of color accuracy, the developers need to distinguish the color aspects properly.
Another essential criterion to consider selecting any gadget available in the market would be the same price. The price of the monitor seems to be determined by a lot of factors.
From the brand to the availability of advanced features, every aspect tends to change the price of the product significantly. In the case of the best monitors for developers, one needs to compare both the features and the prices to get the best quality product for their business.
The entire article tends to highlight all the best qualities of the top seven monitors available in the market for developers. But going through the entire review, you must be very confused about selecting the only piece out of the lot. It is pretty easy to shortlist the top two products, depending on your requirements. Firstly, keep aside a strict budget for the monitor as these are available in a variable price range in the market.
Also, make sure to list down the products’ functions and programming requirements to choose the item wisely. In case you are looking for a decent product within an affordable price range, then check out the Dell S2419H S Series Monitor 24″ Black.
In case you want more than a basic one for your programming projects, then check out the HP Pavilion 27q 27-inch QHD 2k 1440p IPS LED Monitor with AMD FreeSync Support, 100% sRGB, and VESA Mounting Bracket (1HR73AA#ABA) – Silver.
But the one that comes out as a clear winner among these seven products is the HP VH240a 23.8-inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor with Built-in Speakers and VESA Mounting, Rotating Portrait & Landscape, Tilt, and HDMI & VGA Ports (1KL30AA) – Black. It might not be the most affordable ones in the market, but it indeed the best variety available for you.
Right from advanced features to picture quality and resolution, you get it all within one product. Not to mention that you get outstanding customer services along with brand assurance. So, do you have any particular list of best monitors for developers to share with the audience?